RAVEN5 Ltd. (R5) respects your privacy. This Privacy Statement informs you about our privacy practices including details of the personal data we collect, use, disclose and transfer as well as choices you can make and rights you can exercise in relation to your personal data. This Privacy Statement is available from a link on the footer of every R5 web page.
R5 respects and takes into account the major privacy principles and frameworks around the world, including OECD Guidelines on the Protection of Privacy and Transborder Flows, EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), and the APEC Privacy Framework. R5’s privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement also comply with the APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules (CBPR) System.
1. How we use personal data
We collect personal data only if required to provide our products or services, fulfil our legitimate business purposes and/or comply with applicable laws and regulations. Depending on your relationship with R5 we collect and process your personal data as follows:
• R5 products and services: contact details for the following main purposes: deploying and delivering products and services; conducting quality controls; consulting; developing and improving our products and services and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Sales and marketing: contact details, identification information, profile, role and preferences, digital activity information and other information as may be relevant (e.g. information from publicly available sources) for the following main purposes: sales and marketing; advertising; creating and delivering targeted adverts and offers; conducting marketing campaigns; managing contacts and preferences; generating leads and opportunities; organizing and managing events; and engaging in social media interactions.
• Online Data Collection Tools: digital activity information for the following main purposes: enabling efficient use of our websites, products and services; collecting statistics to optimize the functionality of our websites, products and services; improving user experience and delivering content tailored to their interests; and improving marketing and advertising campaigns.
• Online surveys: contact details, comments and feedback for the following main purposes: conducting customer satisfaction and engagement surveys.
• Enquiries and complaints: contact details and information included in enquires and complaints for the main purpose
2. How we share personal data
R5 does not sell, rent or lease personal data to others except as described in this Privacy Statement. We may share and/or disclose your personal data as follows:
Disclosure to third parties. R5 retains suppliers and service providers to manage or support its business operations, provide professional services, deliver products, services and customer solutions and to assist R5 with marketing and sales communication initiatives. Those third parties may receive and process your personal data under appropriate instructions, as necessary to support and facilitate how we use your personal data. Suppliers and service providers are required by contract to keep confidential and secure the information they process on behalf of R5 and may not use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for R5.
Where R5 engages with partners, resellers and/or distributors as part of its business operations, R5 may disclose your personal data to them in order to facilitate sales and delivery of its products and services. Partners, resellers and/or distributors are required by contract to keep confidential and secure the information received from R5 and may use it only for the said purposes, unless otherwise authorized by you or applicable laws and regulations.
Except as described in this Privacy Statement, R5 will not share your personal data with third parties without your permission, unless to: (i) respond to duly authorized information requests of police and governmental authorities; (ii) comply with law, regulation, subpoena, or court order; (iii) enforce/protect the rights and properties of R5; or (iv) protect the rights or personal safety of R5, our employees, and third parties on or using R5 property when allowed and in each case in accordance with applicable law.
3. How we transfer personal data internationally
R5 may transfer your personal data as necessary within R5 and to other third parties. The recipients may be located in countries which do not provide the same level of data protection as the country in which you are located. R5 will take steps to ensure personal data we transfer is adequately protected as required by applicable data protection laws. Where required by local law, we will request your consent to transfer your personal data.
4. How to manage communications and preferences
R5 may provide you with information that complements our products and services and/or communications about our new products, services and offers. If you or your organization purchased our products or services, you may receive alerts or responses to support requests that are part of our products and services. If you choose to receive R5 communications, you may also choose to subscribe to receive specific newsletters.
Manage communication choices. You can change your choices and preferences relating to R5 communications by:
• Accessing raven5.com/signup, indicating your choices and providing your email address;
• In the event you no longer wish to receive R5 communications, you can unsubscribe from such communications by: Following opt-out or unsubscribe link and/or instructions included in each email subscription communication;
In the event your opt-out or unsubscribe request has not been resolved in a timely manner, please contact the R5 Privacy Office with details of your name, contact information, and description of the communications you no longer wish to receive from R5.
Please note that these options do not apply to communications relating to the administration of orders, contracts, support or other administrative and transactional notices, where the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature.
5. Automatic Data Collection Tools
Cookies may also be used when you share information using a social media sharing button on our websites. The social network will record that you have done this and may use this information to send you targeted advertisements. The types of cookies used by these companies and how they use the information is governed by their privacy policies.
When you enter your contact details on a web form on an raven5.com site, in order to subscribe to a service, download a white paper or request information about R5’s products and service, your contact details may be stored in a cookie on your device. This information is then accessed on subsequent visits to raven5.com sites, allowing us to track and record the sites you have visited and the links you have clicked, in order to better personalize your on-line experience, and future R5 communications.
If you choose to receive marketing emails or newsletters from R5, we may track whether you’ve opened those messages and whether you’ve clicked on links contained within those messages, through the use of web beacons and personalized URLs embedded in these communications. This allows R5 to better personalize future communications and limit these communications to subjects that are of interest to you.
Choices Regarding Automatic Data Collection & Online Tracking. While R5 web sites at this time do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions, you can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser. You can set your browser in most instances to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it or not. You can also generally set your browser to turn off cookies. If you are accessing our web sites in countries of the European Union (EU), or countries where the EU regulations apply, you are given the choice to accept or refuse our use of non-essential cookies (as described in the section titled ‘R5’s use of Other Automatic Data Collection Tools’ above) through a ‘cookie preference’ banner that appears on our web pages.
Since cookies allow you to take advantage of some of our web sites’ features, we recommend that you leave them turned on. If you block, turn off or otherwise reject our cookies, some web pages may not display properly or you will not be able, for instance, to add items to your shopping cart, proceed to checkout, or use any web site services that require you to sign in.
Some of our websites use Google Analytics cookies. Information collected by Google Analytics cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America in accordance with its privacy practices. To see an overview of privacy at Google and how this applies to Google Analytics, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. You may opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
6. How to access, update or delete personal data
R5 strives to keep your personal data accurately recorded. We have implemented technology, management processes and policies to help maintain data accuracy. In accordance with applicable laws, R5 provides individuals with reasonable access to personal data that they provide to R5 and the reasonable ability to review and correct it.
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as the requirement to provide a copy of a user ID, before granting access to your personal data. To view and update the personal data you provided directly to R5, you can contact the R5 Privacy Office.
7. How we keep personal data secure
R5 takes seriously the trust you place in us to protect your personal data. In order to protect your personal data from loss, or unauthorized use, access or disclosure, R5 utilizes reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect and process.
When collecting or transferring sensitive information we use a variety of additional security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The personal data you provide us is stored on computer systems locked in controlled facilities which have limited access. Access to your information is restricted to R5 employees or authorized third parties who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict confidentiality obligations. When we transmit sensitive information over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS), Internet Protocol Security (IPSec), or Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
8. How long we keep personal data
Typically, we keep personal data for the length of any contractual relationship and, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, after the end of that relationship for as long as necessary to perform purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, to protect R5 from legal claims and administer our business. When we no longer need to use personal data, we will delete it from our systems and records or take steps to anonymize the data unless we need to keep it longer to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. If you would like to receive more information about our data retention policies, please contact the R5 Privacy Office.
9. Additional information for individuals in the EU, EEA and Switzerland
Our privacy practices are aligned with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you are located in the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, this additional information may be relevant and applicable to you.
Data controllers. R5 may act as a data controller in relation to your personal data for the processing of personal data described in this Privacy Statement.
Data Protection Officer. R5 has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to comply with the GDPR. You can contact the DPO by clicking here.
Legal basis to process personal data. We process your personal data on the following legal bases:
• Legitimate Interest. We may process your personal data as required to pursue our legitimate business interests (provided this is not overridden by interests or rights of relevant individuals). In particular, to manage, develop and improve our products and services; support our customers and sales operations; protect our staff and assets; communicate information that supplements our products and services and ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
• Performance of an agreement. We may process your personal data to enter into or fulfil agreements with you or your organizations, including to deliver and manage our products and services and allow our customers to use our products, services and supporting tools.
• Legal obligation. We may process your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, establish or exercise our legal rights. For example, in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes.
• Consent. We may process your personal data where you have provided your consent. In particular, where we cannot rely on an alternative legal basis or we are required by law to ask for your consent in the context of some of our sales and marketing activities, online data collection tools, or surveys. At any time, you have a right to withdraw your consent by changing your communication choices, unsubscribing from R5 communications or contacting the R5 Privacy Office.
Your rights in relation to your personal data. You may have the following rights to:
• Request access or copies of personal data R5 processes about you;
• Rectify your personal data, if inaccurate or incomplete;
• Delete your personal data unless an exception applies. For instance, we may need to keep your personal data to comply with legal obligation;
• Restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. For instance, if you contest accuracy of your personal data you may request that we restrict processing of your personal data for the time enabling us to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
• Data portability, in certain circumstances. For instance, you may request us to transmit some of your personal data to another organization if the processing is based on your consent or a contract;
• Object to processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. For instance, you may object to direct marketing including use of your personal data for profiling for direct marketing or where we process your personal data because we have legitimate interest in doing so.
These rights may be limited in some situations such as where R5 can demonstrate that R5 has a legal requirement or legitimate interest to process your personal data.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us by clicking here.
Complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR, you have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the country where you live, or work, or where you consider that data protection rules have been breached.
10. How to contact us
We value your opinions. If you have any questions about our Privacy Statement, any concerns or complaint regarding our collection and use of your personal data or wish to report a possible breach of your privacy, please contact the R5 Privacy Office. We will treat your requests and complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to address your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
11. Changes to this Privacy Statement
If we modify this Privacy Statement, we will post a revised version with an updated revision date at the privacy link on the footer of every R5 web page.